https://forextk.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/BRENT-2.png 1600 2000 TK Analysis https://forextk.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/logo-white-300x151.png TK Analysis2022-08-25 11:06:562022-08-25 11:07:02DAILY ANALYSIS 25 AUGUST 2022
- US indices finished yesterday’s trading slightly higher, snapping a 3-day long downward streak. S&P 500 gained 0.29%, Dow Jones moved 0.18% higher and Nasdaq gained 0.41%. Small cap Russell 2000 jumped 0.84%
- Stocks in Asia traded higher on Thursday. Nikkei and S&P/ASX 200 gained 0.7% each, Kospi moved around 1% higher and indices from China traded up to 0.5% higher
- DAX futures point to a slightly higher opening of the European cash session
- Morning stock market session in Hong Kong was canceled today due to storm
- Russia is reportedly offering discounts of up to 30% on long-term oil contracts to Asian buyers in an attempt to offset looming plunge in oil exports to Europe
- United States has rejected additional conditions set by Iran for return to nuclear deal
- Bank of Korea delivered a 25 basis point rate hike – in-line with market expectations. BoK lowered 2022 GDP growth outlook from 2.7% to 2.6% and boost inflation outlook from 4.5% to 5.2%
- New Zealand retail sales dropped 2.3% QoQ in Q2 2022 (exp. +1.7% QoQ)
- According to data from UK Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders, vehicle sales in the United Kingdom increased 8.6% YoY in July, marking a third month of increases in a row
- Cryptocurrencies are trading mixed today – Bitcoin drops 0.4% while Ethereum trades 0.2% higher. Kyber plunges over 4%
- Oil is trading a touch lower but Brent stays above $101 per barrel mark
- Precious metals benefit from USD weakness – gold gains 0.4% while silver and platinum traded 0.7% and 0.5% higher, respectively
- AUD and NZD are the best performing major currencies while USD and CAD lag the most
- In spite of a disastrous New Zealand retail sales reading for Q2 2022, NZDUSD is trading higher today. The pair benefits from USD weakness and attempts to break above a key short-term resistance in the 0.6220 area, marked with previous price reactions and upper limit of local market geometry.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!