https://forextk.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/BRENT1.png 1600 2000 TK Analysis https://forextk.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/logo-white-300x151.png TK Analysis2022-10-30 10:10:582022-10-30 10:10:58Daily analysis 28 October
- US indices finished yesterday’s trading mixed. S&P 500 dropped 0.61%, Dow Jones added 0.61%, Nasdaq plunged 1.63% and Russell 2000 ticked 0.11% higher
- US index futures moved lower in the after-hours trading, following disappointing earnings release from Amazon
- Amazon shares dropped 12% in the after-market. Company reported 15% revenue growth in Q3 2022 to $127.1 billion (exp. $127.5 billion). However, company reported a weakish guidance for Q4 expecting sales to grow 2-8% YoY and reach $140-148 billion, while market expected $155.1 billion guidance
- Apple traded little changed in the after-hours following the release of Q3 2022 earnings report. Company reported EPS of $1.29 (exp. $1.27) and revenue at $90.15 billion (exp. $88.9 billion). Beat in Mac revenue offset misses in iPhone and iPad revenue. Services revenue also missed expectations. Company did not provide guidance for Q4 2022
- Indices from Asia-Pacific traded lower during the final trading session of the week. Nikkei dropped almost 1%, S&P/ASX 200 moved 0.9% lower and Kospi traded 0.7% down. Indices from China traded up to 3% lower
- DAX futures point to a lower opening of the European cash session
- The Bank of Japan left policy settings unchanged at a meeting today. The Bank said it expects inflation to slow by mid-2023. BoJ said that it will review its ETF buying programme
- International Monetary Fund cut its forecast for Chinese GDP growth in 2022 from 4.4 to 3.2%
- The Japanese unemployment rate ticked higher from 2.5 to 2.6% in September (exp. 2.5%)
- French GDP growth reached 0.2% QoQ in Q3 2022 (exp. 0.2% QoQ)
- Cryptocurrencies are trading lower. Bitcoin drops 0.8%, Etehereum trades 0.9% lower and Ripple is 0.7% down. Dogecoin plunges over 7%
- Oil is trading lower amid broad pullback in risk assets. Brent trades 0.6% lower while WTI drops 0.7%
- Precious metals trade mixed – gold and silver drop while platinum and palladium gain
- NZD and EUR are the best performing major currencies while GBP and JPY lag the most
Amazon provided a disappointing guidance for Q4 2022, triggering another pullback on US100 in the after-hours trading yesterday. Index tested local low from October 21 in the 10,940 pts area before recovering slightly during the Asian session.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!